Cleaning and Sanitizing Farm Tools and Equipment
- Cleaning vs. Sanitizing A Produce Safety Alliance (PSA) resource covering the difference between cleaning and sanitizing and the four basic steps of the sanitization process.
- Introduction to Selecting an EPA-Labeled Sanitizer A PSA resource on how to select an EPA-labeled sanitizer, what to look for in a sanitizer label, and how to find the right sanitizer for your farm.
- Records Required by the FSMA Produce Safety Rule A PSA resource that summarizes the required records under the FSMA Produce Safety Rule (PSR) using example templates.
- Sanitation SOPs and Logsheets Cornell University’s National Good Agricultural Practices Program provides tools and templates for assessing risks in the packing and produce handling areas.
- Chapter 7: Equipment, Tools, Building and Sanitation (Subpart L) Key points from FDA’s draft guidance on the Produce Safety Rule.